Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Service Crew Technician
Job Opportunity at
Posted on May 23
Are you an experienced Technician looking for an exciting opportunity?
As the Service Crew Technician, you will travel onsite to various locations to provide excellent customer service and technical support for our customers. You will help our customers with the transport, install, maintenance, repair and training on large products/equipment in a timely and accurate way.
• You will transport, set up, and provide training and maintenance with large products/equipment onsite with customers in an accurate and timely way.
• You will handle the equipment training and installation of current products with the customers.
• You will validate and test new product, providing feedback on issues found to the management team.
• You will troubleshoot and repair daily mechanical issues on equipment as needed.
• You will ensure quality system requirements are met and collaborate with the management team to ensure materials are available to perform equipment maintenance or repairs.
Education/Knowledge: Associates degree in mechanical or technical fields preferred; or high school diploma with great technical background and communication skills.
Requires hands on fundamental application of technical skills as described in role, preferably in the Ag business or related.
Strong mechanical background; trouble-shooting hydraulic and electrical interfaces would also be preferred.
Requires a Class A CDL.
Solid problem-solving skills and conceptual thinker, who can work through mechanical issues in a systematic way to understand the root cause and create solutions effectively.
Basic PC skills and Excel, along with written reporting.
High customer-oriented focus, with solid communication skills to articulate situations and solutions effectively, and provide feedback to the company.
Conceptual thinker that can take a vision and create better processes/solutions.
Enjoys collaboration and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes.
Other Important Information:
Position Status & Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise. And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Service Crew Technician Supervisor
Hours/Typical Work Week:
August through October experiences heavier business volume, this role requires someone that is able to work 60-70 hours per week on average during the heavier volume months.
Off season, typical work week on average is 50 hours per week.
Direct Reports: None
During heavier volume months, travel time is 2-3 days per week; every week (M-F leave on Monday return on Friday); during off season limited overnight would be 1 week a month for other months.
Areas traveled are in Central Midwest - IA, NE, KS, MO, SD, etc.
Terms of Usage
MetalWorkingCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)