The R&D CNC Machinist reports to the R&D Machine Shop Supervisor. This position is part the R&D machine shop team that produces machined parts for the OMAX engineering team. The CNC Machinist will work closely with his peers and the engineering team to produce quick turn, high precision parts to support OMAX engineering efforts.
OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
- Make precision parts from drawings or sketches on CNC mills and/or lathes
- Work closely with Engineers to assist in product design and manufacturability
- Assist in the development of trainees
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- Must be able to hold close tolerances, and perform all critical measurements of parts being made
- Minimum of 10 years CNC mill and lathe experience
- 3 years minimum experience with Mastercam and Solidworks
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read dimensioned drawings and have a basic understanding of GD&T
- Must be a team player, take pride in your work, and be able to maintain an organized and uncluttered work environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions in English as well possess good verbal communication skills
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer