Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with over 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The Maintenance Planner role is to improve workforce productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts and material, and equipment access. The planner focuses on future work that has not been started in order to provide the Maintenance department an adequate amount of work backlog that is planned, approved, and ready to execute. This key position is required to reduce these costs. The planning position plays an essential role in efficiently utilizing our maintenance and contractor workforces.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Evaluates the equipment repairs required to bring the functionality back to the original design specifications, or improve beyond design limits.
- Responsible for managing Maximo work requests and reviewing all work requests to determine if job should be done, should it be planned, or added to other existing work plans.
- Creates work orders from work requests and ensures proper assets are charged on work orders.
- Analyzes job requirements by traveling to job sites to evaluate necessary repairs. Determines the material list required to complete the work by reviewing B.O.M. and engineering drawings.
- Determines any special equipment (i.e. cranes, etc.) and estimates the labor needs and hours for efficiently executing the work.
- Gathers information needed for jobs such as blueprints, tools and parts, and utilizes them to develop work and job plans.
- Responsible for putting the plan along with special work instructions, engineering drawings, permits, and other pertinent information together in a work package.
- Responsible for follow up on planned jobs to verify any rebuild steps are taken care of, review of actual vs planned duration, materials, and adjusting job plans as needed.
- Identifies revisions needed on PMs, job plans, and work instructions.
- Identifies the appropriate manpower, contracted services, trade and craft, and technical assistance required to complete the planned work, repair, or equipment modifications.
- Responsible for working with other associates i.e. Engineering and Supervisors to identify problems with spare parts and bill of materials, assets, and work procedures and following up to see that they are corrected.
- High School/GED with Technical, General Studies, or College Prep and minimum 8 yrs of related experience.
- Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology and minimum 6 yrs of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology and minimum 4 yrs of related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Work, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Manufacturing and/or Industrial maintenance experience with an exposure to work planning and work order prioritization techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with knowledge of data analysis tools and reporting.
- Knowledge of the Maximo system, preferred.
- Understanding of contracted services, preferred.
- Functional experience on equipment assemblies, systems engineering, engineering processes and application into work plans, preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.