Laser Table Operator Job Description
Compass Systems and Sales LLC, a custom engineering and fabricator of material conveying systems, is seeking an off shift (2nd/3rd) full time laser table operator for our Barberton, Ohio location.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, work orders, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods.
- Setup and perform all laser operations with minimal programming and layout parts for cutting.
- Ability to understand purpose and functionality of component being inspected.
- Report any problems and or discrepancies of products to supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of quality per specifications; conducts pre and final part inspections.
- Works effectively in other areas of department of company (cross trained)
- Performs paperwork requirements and other duties as assigned.
- Perform preventative maintenance on laser equipment.
- Operates shop equipment such as grinder for deburring, crane, and tow motor.
- Stocks steel inventory and scrap disposal.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Experience running and programming laser table: Amada specific experience a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, punctual and a team player.
- Must be able to interpret and read blueprints and apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Good aptitude for math, basic measuring skills, and basic computer skills
- Demonstrates positive safety attitude.
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours and able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to visually inspect all work for defects.
About Compass Systems:
We are engineers and custom fabricators in every sense. For over two decades, we have found better ways to move materials, providing both standard and custom solutions to our customers. You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
Why a Career with Compass?
- Growing organization
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off!)
- Collaborative work environment
- Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer