Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Joseph Michaels International
Posted on May 14
Our client is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft. Annual sales est 12BB.
1. Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability. Prepares statements of work for items proposed for procurement. Develops potential bidders lists and formal requests for quotation or proposal.
2. Establish strategy and bring operations, cross functional stake holders engagement and concurrence to sourcing strategy; execute strategy and sourcing projects through thorough sourcing toll gate process.
3. Conducts should cost analysis, build costed BOM, evaluate various manufacturing alternates to bring cost and lead time solutions and support Stratoflex new program and new product development team.
4. Proactively manage supplier relationship, create contractual commitments, reduce risk for delivery and quality through creating capacity, fixing root cause and implementing permanent corrective actions. Engage strategic suppliers and improve supplier responsiveness to meet operations and business needs.
5. Implement engineering change revisions, sourcing transition projects with thorough plan for ramp up and ramp down; Manage and control cost, conduct PPI analysis and establish strategy to drive continuous cost reduction initiatives through value add and value engineering initiatives, optimize productivity through product standardization and consolidating part family and volumes with strategic suppliers.
6. Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria. May support or lead supplier certification surveys as part of a technical and/or quality team.
7. Evaluates proposals from potential suppliers. Selects suppliers for a variety of highly complex or technical materials, supplies or services and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
8. Negotiates final terms and conditions of purchase, awards and administers the procurement contract to conclusion. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned area. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. May include orders with international suppliers and/or subcontractors involving import/export trade.
9. Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Determines and implements corrective actions to resolve impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
10. Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
11. Monitors and evaluates supplier's ability to meet all company and government or commercial procurement requirements and ensure that the pertinent technical and quality issues receive adequate attention in order to assure compliance.
12. Prepares complex reports and analyses by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
13. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. Develops, coordinates, and implements improvement initiatives with key suppliers. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
15. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
16. May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
17. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Strategic supplier relationship management on assigned commodities, implementing sourcing strategies to support current and new programs; continuous cost improvement at sub-tier through leveraging spend, relationship and strategy execution. Contract & Long Term Agreement management, bringing supplier agreement and engagement on lean initiatives in procurement / supply chain – reducing working capital through inventory reduction, extending supplier payment term, optimizing minimum order quantity and lead time improvement. Familiar in machining vendors, material treatment and finish conditions. Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through developing supply base strategy and long term supplier relationship. Identifies manufacturing needs, identifies and selects suppliers, negotiates contracts, and arranges delivery. Purchases critical, complex and/or high dollar parts, equipment, services, and materials.
Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration, or related field (firmly required). Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS desired.
Terms of Usage
MetalWorkingCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)