CNC Programmer (2 jobs, 1 Sr. & 1 Jr.)NOTE: as of 1/11/2017, the client has "enough" CNC Programmers. Those in process "may go further", but no new candidates are required.This is a "local hires only" position. Lakewood, CO is a western suburb of Denver, CO. Also, only candidates who do not need sponsorship "now or in the future" will be considered.
Compensation: (Sr.) CNC Programmer: $33 to $35 Hourly (approx.), plus paid overtime
(Jr.) CNC Programmer: $23 to $25 hourly (approx.), plus paid overtime
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employer is located in a Denver, CO (western suburb) and is a rapidly growing company with many opportunities for advancement. Employer specializes in high-precision, high-complexity CNC machining and assembly for the commercial aerospace, defense and space industry. They utilize state of the art Vertical, Horizontal and Multi-Axis machining centers with 4-5 axis capabilities (will go to 5 axis soon). Client is seeking long-term employees to grow and support multi-year contracts with our customers. Their product platform support includes crew/passenger seating, actuation, hydraulics, landing gear, cargo systems, gear systems, missile/weapon systems, and ground support vehicles. Currently seeking CNC Mill Programmers fluent in one or more of the following: MasterCam X9/X10, CATIA, Part Maker and Vericut/OptiPath. This position is for a highly experienced Sr. CNC Programmer with at least 10 years of experience in programming complex parts for both vertical and horizontal machining centers utilizing 4th and 5th axis machining. The Sr. Programmer must also be able to update 5 axis Fanuc Programs.
Note: the Jr. CNC Programmer must have 3+ years of experience in up to 3 axis machines, such as Haas programming with MasterCam.
Note: most drawings come to the client from their customer as a drawing and a 3D model. The client has SolidWorks 3D modeling software in house.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for:
- Offline programming of CNC mills and/or lathes using MasterCam
- Design of fixturing
- Process development
- Development of set-up work instructions
- Training of set-up machinists and operators
Our work environment is fast paced and professional, with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork. We offer comprehensive benefits including 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience programming CNC Mills (Sr. position) and 3 years (Jr. position)
- The CNC Mill Programmers must be fluent in one or more of the following: MasterCam X9/X10, CATIA, Part Maker and Vericut/OptiPath.
- (Ideally) the Sr. CNC Programmer should also be able to update 4-5 axix Fanuc programs to move parts between machines
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, print reading, and mathematics
- Great work ethic
- Must have personal tools, indicators, micrometers, calipers, etc.